- 3-digit 7 segment LED digital display
- Heating versus cooling is set to 65F (over 65 is heating under 65 is cooling)
- Tolerance: +/- 1 degrees (when temperature is set over 65F)
- Tolerance: +/- 3 degrees (when temperature is set below 65F)
- Temp Range: 0F - 255F
- Temperature output fahrenheit
- Max Swiching Amps: 15A @ 120VAC
- Circuit Power Supply (included): 5V / 1A
- IEC 120VAC Wall plug (included)
- Water Proof food grade temperature probe
Question:When I go to connect the power harness to the YATC does it matter which pink spade connector connects to the different metal spade connectors on the circuit board?
Answer:No, it does not matter which pink spade connector connects to the metal circuit board connectors. Either way will work.
Question:Is the food grade temperature probe water proof?
Answer:The metal portion of the probe is water proof. Do not completely submerge the probe in liquid past the metal to where the silicon begins or it will no longer be functional.
Question:How does YATC know hot or cold?
Answer:When the temperature is set to 65F or higher the controller
assumes a heating device is plugged in. When the temperature is set
below 65F it assumes a cooling application.
Question:What kind of power does this work with?
Answer:This temperature controller supports the following power configurations:
- 120VAC, 50-60Hz, 15A
- 220VAC, 50-60Hz, 10A
- 12VDC, 10A
Question:How does this temperature controller connect to a chest freezer?
Answer:The controller connects to the freezers power cord
using a plug-in outlet. No soldering or crimping required. There is a
additional cable included with the device that plugs into the wall
and a temperature sensor which is placed in the freezer. The
temperature controller acts much as a thermostat and makes no
connection to the chest freezers internal controls. This means that
YATC can be used in combination with any existing refrigerator or
Question:Does this device use a PID algorithm?
Answer:No. The firmware gathers 64 samples and checks the
temperature set point and enables a relay (turning on the heating
or cooling device) when necessary. There is limited space on the
microcontroller being used preventing the use of fancy math libraries
and floating point operations.
Question:Do you ship outside of the US?
Answer:Yes! I use USPS first class for all international
shipping. International shipping ranges in price. Generally $6 for
Canada and up to $13 for Europe.
Please e-mail with any international shipping questions.
- plug pink spade connectors into circuit boards metal spade connectors (either one to either one, no orientation)
- plug black DC adapter plug into wall and controller
- use up/down buttons to set the desired temperature on the controller (35F is default)
- press both buttons simultaniously to save temperature, hold for three seconds, (creating a new default)
- unplug then replug black DC adapter and confirm that your temperature setting has been saved
- place temperature sensor into chest freezer, camping cooler or liquid (do not submerge probe past the metal to where the silicon begins)
- plug freezer or heating device into controller
- plug black AC cable into wall outlet
Step by Step Kit Assembly:
These instructions are for the 2nd generation yatc controller which features a green circuit board and was starting in 2011. If you have a kit puchased in 2010 with a yellow circuit board see these instructions
Note: This kit makes use of mains power - 120VAC. Do not plug 3 prong IEC cable into wall socket until assembly is complete and circuit is verified to work.
Bill of Materials:
In accordance with manufacturer, guarantees to the original purchaser
that products chosen from our site will be free from defects in
materials and workmanship for a period of 90 days from the
purchase date. If you discover what you believe to be a defect,
send it to us for inspection. We may either repair, replace, or
return it to you at the sole discretion and direction of the
manufacturer. Of course, normal wear and tear,alteration, or misuse,
(as determined by the manufacturer) is not covered by any warranty.
Except as provided above, no warranty of merchantability, fitness
for particular purpose, or any other warranty express or implied.
Each product offered on this site, specifically including this
temperature controlling unit, must be used according to the
manufacturer's instructions and only for the specific purpose for
which it was designed. Holy Scrap shall not and is not responsible
or liable for any consequential damages, injuries, paralysis, or
death arising from the use or misuse of the products purchased from
us. By making a purchase on this site, you(the customer) and your
heirs assume all responsibility of ownership, risks of use,and agree
to hold harmless,Holy Scrap.com, its owners, managers, employees,
and heirs for any damage, incident, or action,involving the product